Why unions hurt the middle class

Courtesy of David Nace and Netright Daily.   Juicy part:

Unions in the public sector are even more damaging to the middle class.  As the result of unions using member dues to help elect both Democratic and Republican politicians that will support union wages and benefit demands, only 10% of the workforce is able to impose costs that the other 90% of taxpayers must pay for.  When these same politicians allow extravagant retirement benefits in union contracts, but fail to fund the benefits to avoid making the taxpayers aware of the true costs, the middle class is hurt even more.  Many states will not allow the modification of union retirement benefits regardless of the extravagance of the benefits or the cost to the taxpayers.  The middle class taxpayer is ultimately left to fund the benefits promised by union supported politicians but never funded.

Another reason to support Scott Walker.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: